As Volunteers taking care of seniors in east and southeast Tucson, we do a lot. If you would like to help, jump on over to our Volunteer page.
ENVP accomplishes its mission through a group of more than 90 trained volunteers offering the following services:
- Transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping, dental appointments, pharmacy, etc.
- Running errands
- Minor home repairs
- Assistance with writing and filling out forms
- Friendly visits and phone calls
- Light yard work
- Dog walking
Funding for support for ENVP presently consists of donations from faith communities, foundations, service clubs, individuals and neighborhood associations:
- Saguaro Christian Church (Disciples Of Christ)
- New Spirit Lutheran Church
- St. Matthews Episcopal Church
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church
- Many Individuals
The Eastside Neighbors Volunteer Program has seven board members on the board of directors which in 2015 is chaired by Rebecca Werner, and has representatives from the community. ENVP presently has 1 part-time staff member who is Jann Hicks, Program Director. Our telephone service desk is supported by eight part time volunteers. Service hours are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays).