As Volunteers taking care of seniors in east and southeast Tucson, we do a lot. If you would like to help, jump on over to our Volunteer page.
ENVP accomplishes its mission through a group of more than 90 trained volunteers offering the following services:
- Transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping, dental appointments, pharmacy, etc.
- Running errands
- Minor home repairs
- Friendly visits and phone calls
- Light yard work
- Dog walking
Funding for support for ENVP presently consists of donations from faith communities, foundations, service clubs, individuals and neighborhood associations:
- The Nicholas W Genematas II Foundation
- Saguaro Christian Church (Disciples Of Christ)
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church
- Tucson Electric Power
- Tucson Osteopathic Medical Foundation
- Many Individuals
The Eastside Neighbors Volunteer Program has six board members on the board of directors which in 2018 is chaired by Kathleen Nowak, and has representatives from the community. ENVP presently has 1 part-time staff member who is Shelly Birch, Program Coordinator. Our telephone service desk is supported by eight part time volunteers. Service hours are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays).